story section, where first I tell a scary story and then we try to
build a scary story as a class. On Monday I found that my classes
weren't really impressed with my (true) story about counsellors saving
a camper from a bear attack. Not scary enough eh?
On Tuesday I upped the drama and turned off the lights and used my
scariest voice to deliver a chilling rendition of the beginning of the
1979 film When a Stranger Calls. It's basically the story of a
babysitter who keeps getting scary phone calls, gets the police to
trace the caller, and determines the calls are coming from inside the
house she is sitting.
Well you have never seen a group of 80 kids so captivated. You can
see some of them squirm and even the older kids who would rather sleep
or do homework are watching carefully. Scary stories, a new
development in ESL education! If only I could think of a better
ending, I've decided to remove the murder sections from my tale, so
the ending is a little stale....
Hahaha, i like this idea! Gonna borrow that one:)
ReplyDelete