Monday, January 30, 2012

The Asia Cycle Tour Video

Most days of my trip, while cycling, I pulling out the camera and recorded a minute or so of footage.  The result: a hard drive full of boring videos of the road.  Well, in the great tradition of wasting time with video editing, I have pulled some of the most interesting footage, cut it all down, and put it to music.  The result is almost inspirational, and at the least a nice memory of all those days out on the road.  Enjoy.


Just to give a little "making-of" insight: I never managed to get video of any of the terrifying dog chases in Tibet or the monsoon rains in India.  I took a fall once with the camera, but unfortunately I was taking still photos so I have no video documentation to share.  If a biker falls in the woods and no one is there to get video, did it ever really happen?

I can remember it all like it was yesterday.  Some particular highlights:
1:29 - this is the boat ride across the Mekong River from Thailand into Laos
2:05 - a quick shot from my Chinese city of Leshan, during a rather exciting daily commute
2:38 - I was filming during a beautiful descent into the Chinese province of Qinghai, hit a lip in the road, and almost lost the camera
3:05 - my favourite shot, sunrise, during a brutal 220-km day to Jiayuguan that ended with heatstroke
3:34 - boat ride across Lake Attabad in northern Pakistan, formed by a massive landslide that blocked the river in 2010
4:29 - crossing the Ganges River in Uttar Pradesh, India

No comments:

Post a Comment